Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Red Egg Sugar Cookie Favors


In the Chinese culture, a child's birth is celebrated after a month with a Red Egg and Ginger party.  As a symbol of happiness and life, the parents hand out red eggs to their guests.  Instead of handing out actual red dyed eggs, my friend requested sugar cookie favors in the shape of red eggs.  I do not have much experience with sugar cookies but I took on the job of making 100 of them thinking it was going to be easy.

I ended up making 3 batches of rolled sugar cookie dough and 2 batches of sugar cookie frosting.  It also took the help of my sister, her boyfriend, and my husband who helped cut the cookies, flood them, and package them.  All of this work and I can't believe I was only making one type of cookie and one color of frosting.  Much respect to the other bloggers I follow that make those sugar cookies with all sorts of colors and designs all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job making these lovely cookies. I'm sure that the fact they were handmade by a friend meant they were that much more special at the RE&G party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails