Friday, July 16, 2010

The Best Carrot Cupcakes


When I came across Marzipan's blog post about the best carrot cake recipe, I had to add that to my to bake list as my own version was only okay.  I adapted this recipe into cupcakes in order to give some to one friend today and some to another friend tomorrow.  Because I wanted a slight crust to the frosting like the ones from those specialty cupcake stores, I tried a new cream cheese frosting from Cake Central.  To hint that these were carrot flavor, I threw on some orange sprinkles.

I'm not a huge carrot cake fan as the two friends which will be receiving these cupcakes but I tried one and did like it a lot.  I left out the raisins and the nuts by request; however, I think it would've shined a lot more with them.


3 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Love carrot cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie!! Clicked on over here after reading a comment you left on my blog...and I'm so glad I did!! Your work is awesome, I am so jealous!!
    BTW, I don't know if you read it, but I did a post on a Spongebob cake I made (not nearly as good as yours) and my son totally criticized it--I guess kids really know their Spongebob.
    Anyways, thanks for stopping by and I'm so glad to have found you and your awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends loved it w/o the rasins and walnuts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails