Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Cake


A friend's birthday was around the corner and she was looking forward to some mint oreo cheesecakes that I have made previously for a holiday potluck which she loved.  Of course, I couldn't just settle with the same dessert.  I went with a tried and true method of inserting the mint oreo cheesecake in between two layers of chocolate cake frosted in a vanilla cream cheese buttercream.  I have previously used this method with my red velvet cheesecake cake and strawberry cheescake shortcake cake with great results.

To add an additional element of surprise, my future sis in law, over at The Buttercup Baker, helped transfer an image of Justin Timberlake (birthday girl's celebrity crush of all time) onto an edible icing sheet for me.  I never worked with it before and I am glad it was really easy to use.  I didn't place it right onto the frosting but onto a piece of fondant.  I had no issues with the image bleeding despite being in the fridge over night and most of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails