Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Funfetti Oreo Surprise Cupcakes


Cakes with sprinkles scream "I'm having a party" to me; so, I decided to surprise a coworker with some funfetti cupcakes for her birthday this past week.


I started out making a standard yellow cake and simply adding every colored sprinkle I owned to the batter.  Unfortunately, I forgot to save some of the sprinkles for the frosting; which was vanilla bean buttercream with an entire block of cream cheese added to it.  Next time, I would only add half of the block of cream cheese as it no longer tasted like a buttercream frosting but more of a cream cheese frosting to me.   Because I can't imagine anyone objecting to Oreos, I added them to the bottom of the cupcakes for a surprise twist.  This is just something I have done here and here with get results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails