Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Praline Walnut Pumpkin Cake


After much success with my first upside down cake, I knew I wanted to make this Praline Pecan Pumpkin cake when I saw it on Pinterest.  Because I didn't have any pecans on hand, I subbed in walnuts.  I recommend sticking with the pecans.

The cake was fairly simply to make the day of, for a dinner party with friends.  Like the upside down cake, it started out with brown sugar and butter melting in a pan over the stovetop.   The mixture was poured into the bottom of the cake pans along with the walnuts.  The reason why I thought the walnuts didn't work here was because it lacked the nuttier taste.  If I toasted them before tossing them into the bottom of the cake pans, it might have worked.  Because I was keeping the cake simple, I added two layers of cream cheese frosting instead of frosting the cake completely.  Next time, a drizzle of caramel sauce  over the top would do wonders.

1 comment:

  1. I featured this post in my Thanksgiving Pin Round up, hope you don't mind. :) http://www.simplypinspirational.com/2013/11/thanksgiving-pins-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails