Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pink and White Cheetah Print Cake (Cake4Kids.org)


It has been quite awhile since I made a cake for Cake4Kids.org.  So, I made sure to sign up this month for one of the cake requests.  This request was for a yellow cake with pink and white cheetah print.  I don't seem to have the time or patience for fondant nowadays so, I went with my go to yellow cake and frosted and decorated with my go to vanilla buttercream frosting.

The cake did take a bit longer to make as it was 90+ degrees and even at 9pm, it was way too hot to frost a cake.  So, it had to go back and forth from the fridge to the counter.  Eventually, it set up enough for me to decorate.  I could've added more "spots" as I realized it looks more like cow print than cheetah/leopard print now.  Hope she enjoyed it regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails