Sunday, May 1, 2011

SJ Sharks Cake


My brother happened to be attending a birthday party the same day I was doing a demo on how to cover a cake with fondant for the Cake4Kids' volunteers; so, I offered to decorate the cake for him to take with him.

The birthday girl is a huge SJ Sharks fan, so I went with a simple and clean design focusing on the logo.

The funfetti cake (doctored cake mix) with vanilla buttercream frosting was covered with marshmallow fondant and a braid border was added.  The braid was made by twisting two ropes, made with the clay tool, together.

It took me quite awhile to figure out how I would cut and layer the fondant pieces to actually get the SJ Sharks logo to pop.  I'm glad I eventually figured it out.

1 comment:

  1. the braid was a nice touch! and the sharks logo turned out well. the colors are pretty spot on! what a lucky birthday girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails