Friday, June 18, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes - Two Ways

After last week's hectic schedule, making cupcakes two different ways came together a lot faster than I anticipated.  I was planning to take two days to bake and then frost but finished them while watching Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Using a devil's food cake (from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes) as the main base, I made s'mores cupcakes and cream-filled chocolate cupcakes.

The s'mores cupcakes had a graham cracker crust (adapted from Annie's Eats) baked underneath the devil's food cupcake which was then topped with chocolate ganache and seven-minute frosting.

The cream-filled cupcakes were filled with a marshmallow cream (from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes) using the cone method and then covered with chocolate ganache.  I used the left over cream to pipe on the swirls.

This picture was too cute to leave out.  Patches wanted to see what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails