Saturday, September 8, 2012

Whole Wheat Waffles



Finally found a weekend morning where my husband and I weren't running out the door the second we woke up to break in our new waffle maker.  I have been using the same one for the last 15 years until we were gifted with a new one as a wedding present.  This new machine was amazing; the waffles came out perfect.  They were fluffy on the inside with a slight crunch on the outside.


Just like 95% of all other recipes I come across, I had to tweak this recipe a bit by using whole grain flour instead of all purpose flour.  The waffles tasted so nutty that I felt as if I needed to add actual nuts to batter next time.


The best part was that I am now able to make 4 waffles instead of 2 at a time!  I baked up the entire batter and simply froze the leftovers in a ziploc bag.  Made for a quick breakfast on the go during the week.

Recipe adapted from BH&G New Cook Book

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen. Just found your blog on tastespotting. This recipe looks good. I really need to purchase a waffle maker. My usuals include crepes and pancakes, but waffles sound like a nice change. Back home we have a restaurant that serves everything on a waffle. Egg, avocado, cheese and waffle sandwich is dreamy. It's nice to meat another food blogger. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails