Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cherry Pie


When we were still getting rain the first weekend of June, out here in the Bay Area, we thought summer was never going to happen.  Now that it's officially here and hitting us with record high temperatures, we wish it would tone it down a notch or two.  Go figure!

Nothing more classic than a cherry pie to kick start my summer baking repertoire.  Last year, I went a bit crazy with the pies when I realized how satisfying it was to make one from scratch using seasonal fruits and a basic pie crust.  I made strawberry rhubarb, a peach and blueberry crumb, peach and raspberry crumb, banana cream pie, and banana pudding pie in a span of a few weeks!

I received the Martha Stewart's Pies and Tarts cookbook for my birthday and this cherry pie was one of the many recipes I bookmarked.  The possibilities are endless now that I have this book in my possession.  I hope everyone is ready to eat a whole lot of pies this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails