Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chocolate Pecan Butter Toffee Bark


The other day, I was flipping through the Williams-Sonoma catalog and found myself ohhing and ahhing over their candy gifts section.  Peppermint bark seemed like the more practical idea for a candy making newbie like myself but of course I skipped right to making butter toffee bark.

After scouring my go to cookbooks, blogs, and food sites, I came up with a few good tips that made it all possible.


I didn't have any almonds on hand, so I used pecans, which tasted all the same in this recipe.  I made sure to toast them first for 5-10 mins at 350 degrees, shuffling them around at least 2 times.


Once the butter toffee comes together, you have to be ready with your toppings. So, I made sure to have my pecans finely chopped and chocolate measured out.


I settled for the recipe from the BH&G New Cook Book which I tweaked a bit by adding some salt to the sugar, butter, water, and corn syrup.


I stirred the mixture only until the sugar dissolved. Then, I left it at a steady boil on medium heat. It took about 15 minutes before it came anywhere close to 290 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails